The research-oriented curriculum of the MA TEAS will help students to develop interdisciplinary approaches to East Asian studies, deepen their knowledge of East Asia, especially relating to transnational and transcultural phenomena, and will provide room to improve their skills in an East Asian language (Chinese, Japanese, and Korean). The MA’s curriculum is composed of the following modules:
- Approaches to Transnational East Asian Studies
- Transnational Identities and East Asia
- Transnational Institutions and East Asia
- Final Module (MA thesis and Research Colloquium)
- Electives, including the option of advanced level language courses
For details, please see the Call for Applications.